Industrial Hygiene Introduction
乐动体育登录Hands-on training is combined with classroom lectures to ensure that students understand how basic air contaminants, noise, ventilation, heat and illumination surveys are planned and measurements conducted. Students will then be able to conduct measurements, or better understand how to specify requirements for obtaining contractual industrial hygiene services.
Industrial Hygiene Technician Training Topics include:
- History of Industrial Hygiene
- Occupational Exposure Limits
- Personal and Area Air Sampling
- Statistical Considerations
- Analytical Methods
- Use of Direct-Read Instruments for Air Sampling
- Noise Exposure Evaluation
- Equipment Calibration
- Local Exhaust Ventilation Testing and Troubleshooting
- Heat Stress Evaluation
- Illumination Evaluation
Attendees will be provided a three-ring binder containing presentations and course handouts, and reference texts with greater than $150 value (a reference industrial hygiene textbook, a bound volume of the OSHA General Industry Standards, and a copy of the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices booklet).
Course Length and Time
(3 days) 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.